Rounded with a Sleep

You know how kids think sometimes that movies are real? When I was a kid, I didn't think so. I even knew actors' names (learned from my mother) and understood that they played different roles in different stories. But I didn't know how movies were made, and thought that they ran in real time. And so I thought, I thought... that perhaps the life I knew- with parents, friends and school and vacations was a movie that somebody else was watching the same way we watched those black and white classics on the family television set on Sunday afternoons, and that someday the movie would end and I would discover that I wasn't who I thought I was, but somebody else. And how strange and exciting would it be to discover that it was all make-believe, that I was someone else, from somewhere else. 

Sometimes I think that I'm still waiting to discover who I really am.

I recall no dream but
broken images
of imagined conversations
melting away into a void of disquiet-
familiar places turning strange,
strange places becoming old,
The same old story long since told.

And perhaps people suffer so much because they are all separated from their true beings. If we could only figure out who we really are, there would be so much less pain in the world.
If we all could see just a glimpse of who we truly are, the world would change in an instant. Know yourself. -Gordana Biernat

Picture credit to ArtWhip who is multitalented and modest. Please check out her page.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perfumes and Lipsticks -friday fiction flash

Meera

New Connections: Social Networking and Writers’ Groups