Begin the year with a Song (or 2)

Original Song Lyrics ©Ruchira Mandal

Withdrawal Signs

Last Friday night when I was high,
You caught my hand and helped me fly
And now I’ve gotten used to the sky,
Dancing on the clouds with you beside,
The heady rush of wind so blue!
And now I’ve gotten used to you.

But now my mouth is full of ashes,
I dream of empty spaces,
It’s hard to breathe while falling
Though I try.
And there are voices in my head
That talk to me of the dead,
And I sit and count my failings,
And all your lies.

Last Friday night I won the game
Took my shot and hit my aim,
And now I’ve gotten used to the fame
For nothing else quite feels the same
And I’ve tried so hard to forget you-
But you were such a dream come true.

And now I’m going through the paces
And all those vacant gazes,
I don’t know where I’m going
Or why.
All I want is sweet bliss,
What’s the point of all this,
Why all this endless striving’
To die?

Last Friday night was a fairytale,
Ball at the palace and I the belle,
And now I’ve gotten used to the spell,
Checking on the inbox for the magic mail,
Oh please let me try on the glass shoe,
And now I’ve gotten used to you.
~
Anchor

I saw your light from afar and knew my heart was beating,
I was shipwrecked but when I found your shore I knew I was still breathing,
And when you reached out with your hand, I could feel my skin again,
When you helped me to my feet, I could feel the ground again,
And when your lips met mine, I knew I was still living.

And in the moonlight when I see you asleep by my side,
I’m grateful to the universe for giving me this sight
And in the nightmares when I’m floating the abyss and the dark,
The thought of you in slumber pulls me back to the earth.

And my heart beats, and I breathe, and I’m alive with you!

I heard your song from afar and felt the mountains moving,
And where there was no road before the path lay wide, inviting
And through the bog and the mist I made my way to the light
No matter how long the night, the day will still be bright,
And when you looked into my eyes, I knew I was still living.

(Public Domain Photograph from CopyrightFreePhotos.Com)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perfumes and Lipsticks -friday fiction flash

12 & a ½ Ways to Deal with Writer’s’Block

Meera