Melodrama

I don't particularly like these, but they got written, so...
Original Song Lyrics ©Ruchira Mandal


The Road
I stayed up all night, started at five
For the road was long and dark
But my pack was light and my hopes were high
When I started on my walk.

And you know that I loved you
I was true when I kissed you
And you know that I’ll never look back.

I stopped at a crossroad, the people were friendly
And my legs had begun to ache
Got used to the warm bed and the meal that came timely
And before I knew I was caught.

And you know that I loved you
I was true when I kissed you
And you know that I’ll never look back
.
The walk got lonely, the air got cold,
The path got high and steep
I posed to be strong and brave and bold
For the fall was way too deep.

And I know that you loved me
You were true when you kissed me
And may be one day I’ll come back.


Broken
I wish I could recall
The memories of the rain
But all that I have
Are the damp and the pain.

And what is the weight of emptiness, you ask?
Enough to crush your soul beneath the smiling mask.

I wish I could recall
The ecstasy of flying
But now my wings are broken
And the sky has long been falling.

And what is the size of emptiness, you wonder?
Enough to swallow the world and dig even deeper.

I wish I could recall
The optimism of youth
But now my dreams are dead
No hopes left to soothe.

And what is the smell of emptiness, you presume?
Enough to choke your breath and drown you in the fumes.

I wish I could recall
The lost Golden Age
And go back to the time
Before the emptiness.

And what is the colour of emptiness, have you seen?
You will know it by the sound of words crawling on your screen.


Expiry
The hardest part is letting go
When dreams have run their course
And the darkness of the universe
Is pulling you by force.
And you're falling
And you're drowning
You're clawing at fleeting stardust
From the dying of a billion stars in a dazzling lightburst.

The hardest part is letting go
When love has run its race
The magic drink has expired
And the dregs have left no trace.
And you're sinking
And you're gasping
And you're clutching at the ghost hands

Of the spirits of yore long eaten away by the quicksand.

(Stock photo from Getty images)

Like this post? Then may be you would like to read these too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perfumes and Lipsticks -friday fiction flash

Meera

New Connections: Social Networking and Writers’ Groups