Silence, peace and other demons

And just like that, summer ends, and winter creeps in, stealthily, and the air around you is suddenly a little heavier, making breathing difficult as the clock-hands hammer away their way to yet another tired planet’s weary turn around a star. Quite an average-sized star in the sidelines of just another weary galaxy.

And all you want is to be somewhere else, be someone else, be some non-sentient being that doesn’t mind being devoured as the monster of silence parts the thinning air in its gaping yawn and leaves you just whole enough to know your own deadness. And you want to turn on the television, even that inanity could fill up some space, perhaps shatter the silent screaming inside your head, but you have no energy left for all that malicious slander seeping even more poison into your soul. And the airwaves, tired of being unused just leave you to gasp on your own. 

Take me somewhere else on the wings of nightingale song. Let the magic casements open and the faery be rediscovered.

If someone promised you to make the voices inside your head stop, and it meant you never wrote or sang or danced or made art again, what would you choose? If they promised to fill up the emptiness and make you happily, contentedly prosaic, would you take it? And what would you hate more- the silence or the peace?


This other mind that plays all these games- makes you dream, makes you forget, makes you remember that you forget, makes you long and lust and pine and weep, what does it want? Does it all add up to some kind of grand design? When you are heartsick of longing and lack, what does this thread-pulling supermind gain? Is it happy when you are happy? Sad when you feel listless about the world? Or does it just enjoy watching from a safe cocooned distance, weaving abstract ideas about the great sublime?

And sometimes I don't know why I write, or what it all means, but all I know is I have to,and may be if I keep pushing out words and words and more words, some of that heaviness of the air would dissolve, and it would become easier to breathe again.

In other news, I uploaded my first cover to my Youtube channel this week, and here's the video if you want to check it out:

I realized we were down to the last month of the year (again) and wanted to make something new happen this year. Plus I really love this song. If you liked my cover and would like to stay in touch for more, please subscribe to my channel here.

You can also follow my Facebook page : Ruchira Rambles, and follow me on Twitter.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perfumes and Lipsticks -friday fiction flash

Meera

New Connections: Social Networking and Writers’ Groups