NaPoWriMo 2019 Day 13

NaPoWriMo Day 13. Prompt from napowrimo.net: "Today, we’d like to challenge you to write a poem
about something mysterious and spooky! Your poem could be about something that is mysterious and spooky in a bad way (like a witch), or mysterious and spooky in a good way (possibly also like a witch? It depends on the witch, I guess!) Or just the everyday, mysterious, spooky quality of being alive."
1st attempt
I think I kinda failed the prompt because I didn't do spooky but I was sort of misremembering the prompt while writing so I thought it had to be about magic.
So I had to go back and do a quick second. There wasn't much time to think so I went for the quickest gothic tricks in the trade- owls and moonlight. And I thought maybe a little imagist precision might add to that sense of the mystery.
I think sometime later I would like to revisit this prompt and see if I can do this spooky business better. For now, you can have this meticulously colored in too-early/too-late-for Halloween mandala from my mandala Colouring app.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perfumes and Lipsticks -friday fiction flash

Meera

New Connections: Social Networking and Writers’ Groups