NaPoWriMo 2019 Day 3



#napowrimo Day 3. Prompt from napowrimo.net: "Today’s prompt is based in a poem by Larry Levis called “The Two Trees.” It is a poem that seems to meander, full of little digressions, odd bits of information, but fundamentally, it is a poem that takes time. It takes its time getting where it’s going, and the action of the poem itself takes place over months. Today, I’d like to challenge you to write something that involves a story or action that unfolds over
an appreciable amount of time."
This prompt stumped me for a bit, especially since I prefer writing shorter poems but what doing NaPoWriMo and then about eight months of weekly prompts with Airplane Poetry Movement has made me believe is that I can write on any prompts if I try, which is what the challenge is all about, after all.
Apologies if this meanders too much and makes sense too little. Point is, I wrote a poem.
In other news, two of my favourite poets, Shantanu Anand and Nandini Verma, the founders of APM has made it to Forbes Asia's '30 Most Influential People Under 30' in the Arts category owing to the impact their work in spoken word poetry has made. Congratulations, guys. Very well deserved and I am glad to have been a part of your movement.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perfumes and Lipsticks -friday fiction flash

Meera

New Connections: Social Networking and Writers’ Groups