NaPoWriMo 2019 Day 20

NaPoWriMo 2019 Day 20. Conversation Poems. 
Prompt from napowrimo.net: "Today, I’d like to challenge you to write a poem that 'talks.' Try to write a poem grounded in language as it is spoken – not necessarily the grand, dramatic speech of a monologue or play, but the messy, fractured, slangy way people speak in real life. ...the idea here is to get away from formally 'poetic' speech and into the way language tends to work out loud."


My first try, the prose poem is something that began to form in my head last night when I was struggling with the alphabet prompt.  The second poem I conceived this morning when I was doing my morning paper while thinking about the prompt. I tried to write only the second, but the first one insisted on being written. 
Then I wrote the second anyway. 
Have a good Sunday everyone.  The Night King is coming. 
And Happy Easter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perfumes and Lipsticks -friday fiction flash

Meera

New Connections: Social Networking and Writers’ Groups